By J.T. O’Donnell
I’ve had a lot of people contact me in the last six months asking if they could “pick my brain” about the best way to become an industry expert to advance their careers. Writing for Linkedin has been instrumental in that. I truly enjoy contributing here. I just wish I had more time to take all those calls and coffee meetings because I really love chatting with people about this. As a career coach, I am a huge fan of personal branding and the need to develop your business-of-one’s “expert status” as a way to stay employable for a lifetime.
Unfortunately, my work has gotten so busy, I no longer have the bandwidth to speak individually with everyone who asks. Thus, I decided to do a free webinar on the subject called: 5 Secrets To Becoming A Top Industry Expert. You can sign up here>>
Want to be an expert? You’ll need these:
Looking back, there are five not-so-secret weapons I used to help me build my industry expert status. They were:
- Blogging – guest posting and hosting my own blog.
- Coaching – teaching others to prove my expertise.
- Strategic Partnerships – building meaningful connections with industry peers.
- Video – creating educational sound bytes for the web.
- Resources – offering free tools based on my methodologies.
The above helped me refine my message, increase my knowledge, and expand my circle of influence…….